Sunday, May 27, 2012

Few photos. Life is normal now.

 We always hope that our students will help each other.  Rod was teaching April when Teo came.  He took over and Rod just watched.  It was pretty fun.  I was teaching Daisy in the background. Look at those faces and you can see why each student is precious to us.
 While we were teaching at Genesis' house last Thursday, she noticed these birds.  There was a pair.  He came pretty close .  You can see that he has a very long tail.  The blob at the end is a single feather.  He wags his tail.  You can see it in the video.  He has bright blue band above his eyes, which are in a black band.

Here's a bit closer photo.  He was pretty spectacular.

Sorry it is short, but you can see him wag his tail.

There really is little news this week.  We are wearing out.  Thursday night Rod was ready for bed when a student called to ask permission to come visit.  I tried to talk to the student but his phone cut out.  I assumed he would give up, so I got ready for bed only to hear a "Buenas" outside and here he was.  We did have a fun time with the piano (he's started working and so can't attend his lesson in the day any more).  Rod was frustrated with me as I've been saying I need to cut back.  It really is hard to cut back.  I admit, I don't know how to do it. The good news was that Rod could express it and I could accept it and we'll see if I try harder.

Today we visited Volcan.  We reclaimed a piano from a student who didn't quite earn it and didn't practice after when we gave her the chance.  We also visited our friend Yinive Franchesi and took her to church with us.  Her sister was baptized this afternoon, so we were able to attend the baptism and play the hymns for it. (the pianist arrived too late to do it)  In between we were able to teach a lesson to the District President's wife and a lesson on directing to one of our former students.  It was fun!  Rod started giving me a hard time about trying to fit too much in again.

We brought the other couple missionaries home from Volcan and had a final lesson in Bugaba with Juan Carlos Barahona.  It is interesting to share challenges with the Herreros (the other couple).  They are serving their 6th mission together.  They started earlier than we did.



 It's 8:50 and I'm going to bed.  That's good cutting back, right?
We're still glad to be here, and the gospel is still true.

No comments:

Post a Comment