Sunday, July 3, 2011

REALLY Fun

 We were in Penonome with our students who meet us at the church.  We had 3 students and only 2 pianos, so Angel was helping.  It looks like fun to me.  When I was their age it would have been REALLY fun.
Angel has his papers filled out for his mission.  He's playing in the church nearly every Sunday.
 We got a third piano and had three boys practicing at once.  It is interesting that we have so many boys who are interested.  Missions, here we come.
 This butterfly was next to my washer when I went out to wash Saturday morning.  I mentioned it to my landlady and went to get my camera.  She "rescued" it while I was gone.  I think she thought I was afraid of it.  The colors changed in the photo.  Butterflies are more numerous here and, of course, all year round.
 Fijama was blessed today.  Her daddy is trying to become active again, and her mom is investigating.  We have a dinner, piano appointment with them every week.  Today we had an extra dinner as we had two cancellations.
These beaded hair ornaments are part of their native dress.  They spend a lot of time making them and were charmed to put one in my hair.  Of course it wouldn't stay, but it was fun for them.

There is a family who investigated the church some time ago.  They have testimonies of the Book of Mormon, but aren't married and can't be baptized.  We went to visit, and the woman had had an accident at work and was really in pain.  We returned with the elders and offered a priesthood blessing.  She accepted.  When we went back two days later she said she didn't have to take pain pills any more.  When we visited Saturday, she said she was back to work.  Her faith must be great.   Interesting how we can't judge who the Lord will help.

We don't have any new bug bites this week.  We think we've identified chiggers and are avoiding grass of any kind.  When we have to be in it we use Deet.  We take showers at night as well as morning sometimes. We also do lots of stomping to remove them if we think we've walked through them.  Rod says it puts him in mind of Parent Trap when the girls told the evil young thing that she should clack two sticks together to ward off mountain lions.  It may be, but I'm going to continue.

2 comments:

  1. We're sure thinking of you on this 4th of July--we've had some great times together in years past on this day! I miss you and love you and are so glad for the great work you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember a couple of those sing along 4th of Julys, like Karin's at her place. One in particular, we were wrapped up in blankets because it was so cold. Hard to believe, especially for you this year, I'm sure.

    I liked your reference to The Parent Trap, as that was one movie my brothers and I loved as kids.

    We have finally made it. We tortured ourselves and the girls by not going to bed when we got here. It paid off because we all slept through the 1st night, and the girls are sleeping in now. Yeah!

    love, Christie

    ReplyDelete