Sunday, June 12, 2011

Life is good

 Jose (center) is a recent convert.  His mother, recently widowed accepted our offer of a ride to church.  They were ready and waiting at 8:30.  I admire her a lot.  Her life is hard.
 Jose is just starting and Eric was eager to help him.  Eric's sister taught him his first hymn.  Now he gets his own teaching time.  He's played in church twice and is eager to do it again if anyone cancels.
 This "flower" looks like it's just painted on the grass.  We got the photo a little close, but you can see others on the ground.  I always think the Lord must have had a fun time creating the variety He came up with.

 Sister Carpintiero, a native of a tribe I can never remember, speaks two languages but can't read.  She was in the hospital recently and I offered to bring her Liahonas which were no good to her.  She just laid there for over a week.  We bought a primer book for children, and we've had 3 lessons.  Here we're reading "Cookies", one of my favorites. 
 Brother Trejos (who said he thought this would be "facilito") is making progress.  He can do the chords more easily than the melody.  We found his own method to help him with the timing.  He has a strong testimony and wants to build the branch.
A 14 year old made this as a school project.  I marvel at it every time I see it.  It is 3-D and the bridge and house are cut sooo carefully.  It's outside and fading, but it is beautiful.  His mom said it is the only art project he did.

I'm doing this early Sunday morning as something to divert my attention from the TWENTY huge bites that cover my body.  I couldn't sleep much last night as they bother me a lot.  I know I can't scratch, but it is pretty awful.  All right, the poor me session is over and we can remember that LIFE IS GOOD.

We got to play ping pong with the non-member husband and son (member) of our relief society president student in Chitre.  It was great fun.  Adults forget to have fun, sometimes, I think.  I want to do more of it.  That sounds like my work isn't fun, and it is, but this was different and satisfying.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the bites. Do you know what's biting? Maybe we could do a little googling to see if there's something that would ease it. Baking soda paste?

    Love,
    Myles

    ReplyDelete