Monday, October 11, 2010

One week here

 
This is the view from our front door.  Me gusta mucho!

The mission president (Ward) and his wife took us to dinner.  We sat outside in balmy wonderful weather and watched huge boats go through the lock.
It is hard to see, but two boats are passing.
We arrived in Aguadulce looking a bit like the Clampets.

President Estribi and his wife came with us.  They also helped us shop for all the stuff.

I saw the sign and couldn´t resist.  President Estribi had to turn around and go back about 2 miles.  He was wonderfully patient.
Our landlady lives next door.

She is friendly.  We took the guitar outside and sang together one afternoon.
We bought the guitar and do plan to bring it home.  I like it and we took it and went as wandering minstrels Sunday afternoon.  The elders took us.  Lots of walking.  We haven´t decided yet about a car.  I think we walked over 10 miles in the week end.

Omeira was our first member visit.

I was surprised that she let us take her photo in curlers, but she was a good sport.  I am carrying an umbrella.  So far we haven´t needed it for rain.

This is our new bed.

I sewed two light throws together and it is just what I need with the fan going.  Thank heaven for fans.

Our dressers.  They look better than they function, but we will be fine.

A grand closet.  It holds all it needs to.

Our living room.

We bought the table and chairs and that is all we have.  I love the floor now that I have spent hours scrubbing it.


The kitchen is the envy of our elders.

They only have a hotplate.  We´ve decided that we aren´t going to use the oven, though.  We baked a squash and nearly baked ourselves.

We have a fridge.

It was full of mold and coffee grounds when we arrived.  Much chlorox later, it is better.  Now for the soda.

Our shelf works.  I hope it lasts.

We have a squash ahead and our elders brought us one for a gift today.  Life is good.


The view from the front of the house.  Flowers and a papaya tree on the side. 

We have quit worrying about having cold showers.  They only really feel cold on your backside.  The water isn´t very cold anyway.  What we worry about is NO water.  We have a 50 gallon tank outside and buckets in the shower, so we have had to use them a few times.  We think we will live.  However, we miss all of you and pray for you.

2 comments:

  1. We enjoyed looking at your latest post for our Family Home Evening Activity. I love being able to see where you're at.
    love, Christie

    We love you. Hope you have fun and I like your blog. Hope you have a good time.
    love, Carly

    So I want you to say... No why are you typing that? I hope you have fun at Panama and it was nice seeing your blog and I hope you can spend a good time there and I love you and you love me and that is the way.
    Love, Macy

    Your apt. is very nice and it is cool that you have a papaya tree right outside. I like your view from the back door. Hope you have a good time.
    Love, Robyn:):):):):)

    Thanks for keeping us in the loop. It makes me miss Brazil!
    Love, Myles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is way fun that you have the papaya tree right outside. Looks like a nice apartment and like you will enjoy it there.

    ReplyDelete