Saturday, April 28, 2012

Amen!

 What a wonderful sight these young men are for me.  All of them gather around the piano and share before and after church. 
 Rod was showing them the transpose function of the organ, making it change as they played.  It was pretty fun.
 It doesn't get much better than this.  We went back to our old area and Ashley had her piano out.  She was eager to show me her new hymns that she'd been learning.
 Ashley's dad had a gunny sack half full of these avocados that he'd picked from his mom's tree.  We're in avocado heaven right now.  These are the largest of the 6 we've been given in the last week.  We tried Audrey's idea of deviled eggs made with avocado instead of mayonnaise.  I couldn't get Audrey to ask the recipe, but I tried putting in culantro, kind of like cilantro, because Rod is sick today and wouldn't be eating it.  I liked it better with the culantro.  I'm getting used to it, I think.
One of our bishops works in Panama City and is seldom home. He sends roses to his wife, and when we visit to teach his kids, I enjoy the roses.  When they droop, she cuts them off and puts them in pyrex to prolong their life.  They look prettier than the photo shows.

Yesterday after we finished a lesson, one of the students was giving the closing prayer.  She talks FAST and our brains go into the mode of just listening for tone of voice so we can say amen at the appropriate time.  Unfortunately for Rod, but wonderfully fortunately for our enjoyment, he got it wrong and said "Amen" just after she said how grateful she was for these talented people who were teaching her.  Her brother chortled, almost snorted, and Rod lost it, too.  It reminded me of some of our family prayers.  I am sure the Lord has a sense of humor.


1 comment:

  1. thank heaven dad has a sense of humor. thanks for the fun reminder of the laughing at family prayer. I know I snorted a few times.
    edyn

    ReplyDelete