Sunday, February 26, 2012

Photos come with more difficulty these days


One of our students was calling her puppy.  His name is Lobo!!! I couldn't resist a photo of Rod with Lobo after all the Lobo stories he's told. 

Octavio is waiting for a mission call and arranged to meet with us to make use of this time.  He brought along his sister.  When they left the house I decided I need a photo.  We chased them down in the opposite direction that we were headed, even though we had to turn around.  We got the photo, retraced our path---and passed them in our own route.  Who knows why they chose theirs.  Anyway, two people on a bicycle like this is very common.  Unfortunately we don't have another piano for her and they don't live in the same house.

Lemon-aide -- first home remedies -- see video, then real doctor stuff, if that doesn't work...
   I spent my first time sick last week.  It was no fun.  I tried the brat (no not her -- Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast -- really BRT as no applesauce available) diet for two days and drinking lots of liquid.  Finally I resorted to Pepto Bismal.  It worked like a charm.  My stomach still isn't totally content, but I can work fine.  If it doesn't improve, the mission nurse said she'll order a stool culture.  One of the sisters today told us she buys water during this month because so many people are sick she thinks it is the water.  How should one know?  I don't.


Today during one of our lessons a bat was flying around.  Nicole tried to bat it out of the air with her hand.  I offered her my hymnbook and she stunned it.  We got this video.  Fun memories.  I hope the bat is happily eating insects again.  I do appreciate them, just outside.

We had dinner at our house with President Ward and his wife last night.  Poor man.  He had  more than one baptism, our dinner date, and the district called him (same day) and asked him to speak at a fireside (5 couples attended) they were holding.  He has trouble saying no.  His mission makes ours look like a piece of cake.  I love how our mission takes us into the homes of the people.  We get to try new things and have new experiences more than they do.  We also get to spend much more time together which we enjoy a lot.

Darin was pointing out that many of the things we try aren't our favorites.  He's right, but I still enjoy trying them.  This week we tried bollos, fried corn meal hot dog things, after I got to grind the corn.  I forgot to take a picture.  Rod was teaching our student during this time.  I thought he'd enjoy the teaching more than the grinding.  She also gave us a drink made from sprouted corn.  When we told another student that we'd had it, they accused us of breaking the word of wisdom saying that it is usually alcoholic.  This sister assured us that it wasn't, and I'm trusting.  Not real great -- I vote for banning it and would use the Word of Wisdom if necessary to bypass it another time.

Jose Angel Moran, a student from Penonome, called to tell us he'd received his call to Costa Rica.  It has been a long time coming, but he's thrilled.  We are too.  Missions can make a big difference in the life of a youth.  (Or old people like us, as well).  We are glad to be here.  Thank you for all your support.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you were brave with the bat.

    I hope you're feeling better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had fun watching the videos this week. Ellie and wyatt watched with me. Ellie wanted to click on the videos since she can use the mouse by herself now. The lemon face was fun. Hope you are feeling all better now. We loved seeing the bat. Ellie was a little squeamish but wyatt loved it and we got sucked into another half hour of watching animal videos on utube thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that bat. It kind-of looks like the bat that was at my first birthday party.

    It is cool that the dog's name is Lobo. Does she act like him?

    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete