Sunday, February 12, 2012

Clean Sweep

 David was here for his lesson and Rod took over with the washing.  He's studying the centrifuge of the washer.  Usually it takes lots of patience for me.  He figured out that you can just squash the clothes in and usually the machine accepts it.  After over a year I find out this.
I should be grateful and I guess I am.

 This man was passing our house one day.  He has these plants cut to make brooms that people use to clean up the leaves outside their homes.  He posed, but wasn't really pleased when my camera was on video and it took me a minute to change it.  He had work to do.

 This woman was sweeping her leaves every day when we walked by.  One day I helped her sack them up.  Every day!! Not just in the autumn.  See her broom?  I found a saying on Facebook that I enjoyed.
It says "Women are angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly on a broomstick.  We're flexible like that."
 
 Years ago I enjoyed reading a comedian, Jeff Foxworthy, (I think).  He had "You might be a red neck" sayings.  At the time I laughed because he said you might be a redneck if the crack in your van window goes all the way across.  At the time, we had two in that condition.  Here is my addition.  You might be a redneck if you are a rooster in Panama.
 Rod thought you might enjoy seeing our schedule.  It has about 85 students on it.  We are assuming some will atrophy, but we are plenty busy.  We keep saying we're going to say no, but we don't quite know how.  Today, we both said no, for a miracle.  A mom wanted her child to have an appointment but she was too young, attending a class already, and the mom wouldn't accept the only opening we had.  End of story.  Wow!

This schedule is after a week of changes.  The pristine one is below.  We'll print again tomorrow.


People are appreciative for the most part, and I think we couldn't ask for more rewarding work.  The Savior lives, and His gospel is true.

1 comment: