Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fish, Floors, and Flowers (Spiritual of course)

 This man was riding down the street with two fish.  We went to take a photo, but by the time we caught up he'd sold one.  Oh well.  We thought about buying one and then remembered filleting a fresh tuna and how long it took and decided against it.
 This is Ever.  He is a new convert and is one of our students in Volcan.  He is darling with this baby.
 This is the inside construction of a grass covered hut. 
 Here is the side view.
 And here is the outside.  Many of these have a metal cap on top.  They are much cooler than the metal roofs of the houses.
Add caption
 I complained about the tiles that cut my hands when I tried to clean.  Anita Watson suggested that I regrout.  My landlord was having a tile job done on one of his other houses.  I asked if we could redo ours, and he did it that minute.  I'm pleased.  It is almost smooth now, and will be much easier to clean.

This tree house is on our way to Puerto Armuelles.  I think it is awfully clever.  Sometimes it is even more tightly trimmed.
Here is a flower (orchid) that is the Panama flower.  It looks like a dove inside.  It is called the Flor del Espiritu Santo (Holy Ghost Orchid)





1 comment:

  1. I love the holy ghost orchid. Beautiful. Ellie and I did our toes this morning and wyatt got to go play with a friend before school. She read her books to me for our nap time story time. it was very cute.

    ReplyDelete