Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Keyboards and Cats


We added a new student, Lorena, this week. Her father is crazy for cats. Rod doesn't usually indulge, but he does like them, and we had a lot of fun talking about cat memories.


Rod had a cat when he was a boy who would curl around his neck companionably while he read. This cat could do it, too. He also had one who would jump from the floor onto his shoulders without digging in.


This is the Rodriguez family. He is the branch president. We are teaching both of them on Sunday evening. Their daughter wanted to learn to direct as well. It was a rainy Sunday evening and a lot of fun.


We finally received more keyboards. When we were returning from Puerto Armuello on Wednesday we were panicking because we had such a great need. I prayed about it and thought about the fact that the last time we were in this situation we had called the area authority (ex) who is the church employee in charge of temporal affairs in Panama. I e-mailed him and the next day we magically received the keyboards. When we review it, all our "facts" don't match, but I've decided not to worry about it and just be grateful. We gave this one out to Irvin, a young man who has been walking quite a ways to another house to practice. He sat right down to practice and Rod was right there to teach.

I'm especially grateful for prayer lately. It's amazing how I just go along taking things for granted. I had the idea in prayer to pray for our family while we were praying with our students. Often I can't hear or can't understand what they are saying, so I was just marking time. When I am praying it makes a big difference. Duh!!!

I loved the women's conference and Elder Uchdorf's talk on forget-me-nots. I could only remember 2 of the things he said not to forget, though, when I was recounting it to Christie. He said "Don't forget to have patience with yourself, and don't forget that the Lord loves you." I'll have to look up the rest, but these are definitely worth remembering. Too often when I listen to conference, I allow myself to judge myself instead of to be inspired to do better. This meeting was a gift, in that I did go home inspired and hopeful. The Lord definitely is good to us.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome that you got more keyboards. It was fun to talk on sunday. love ya

    ReplyDelete