Tuesday, November 9, 2010

More (Sorry, my clever titles are nonexistent)

 We were playing with a family.  They have the same game of "Who can hit the fingers, who can move them more rapidly".  Rod enjoyed himself.
 Elder Cobba was ecstatic to get white bread and mayonaise sandwiches.  Then when I offered TUNA!!!
 Our new car made it home from Panama City in the rain in the dark.  The next morning it had a flat.  Luckily I had had the shop explain where to find the jack, etc. so I thought we would be fine.  Actually the spare was flat as well.  Our neighbor graciously carried the spare to the tire shop where they filled it with air.  Then we took the other back.  It costs $2 to fix a flat.  Hope it doesn't happen often even so!
 When the elders visited they thought it unfair that we had a pet.  It isn't ours, but it does like us.  I like to play with him.  One day he surprised me and put his nose on my leg.  I was nervous because Rod had just killed a 2 or 3 inch cockroach.  My reaction wasn't friendly and he didn't come back for a while.
 This is our new car.  It's a 2009 Toyota Yaris.  We aren't convinced that it was a great deal, but we will use it and be much more safe and effective if it continues as is.

We are teaching the new couple how to teach English to the 
Spanish-speaking Elders.
 This poor baby chicken isn't feeling too well, but he reminded me of ours in our classroom.
 We brought fruit to a sister who had had surgery.  We shared with her family.  This is her 100 year old grandmother.
Our first class of Piano in the Chitre branch.  We have two days there and teach a class in a home every 1 1/2 hours.  We'll see how long we can keep it up.

1 comment:

  1. The girls were very motivated to get their jobs done and get ready for bed so they could look at your blog.

    Thanks for sharing your day-to-day adventures with us. I can't believe your new car already got a flat, but what a nice man to help you out. I can't imagine balancing a tire on a bike!

    Two of our friends have served missions in Panama and think it's fun to see it through your blog, too.

    Myles did singing time during Primary on Sunday and taught the kids to lead music with your fun method.

    ReplyDelete