Saturday, July 7, 2012

Concierto 2

 Teo brought me this fruit.  He called it "mangoti" with accent on the ti. 
 You eat the white  part and there are large seeds inside some of the sections and none in others.  It reminded me a little of cacao, but there was more fruit and less slime. (for Audrey's sake.  She didn't think much of cacao.)
 We found this "saltamonte" at the same house in the same place as the huge dead beetle. 

 We attended a wedding Friday night.  These were the cakes.
 Gorgeous!
 And more gorgeous!  Unfortunately we didn't get to try them.
 Here we are having arrived on time.  There was only one other family there for quite a while.  The wedding as usual, began at 8:30 when  the invitation said 7:00.  You can't see the cards, but we are playing Go Fish in English. We didn't have time for dinner before and I'm sure they served dinner at the wedding, but we came home about 9:45, ate a fried egg sandwich, and dropped into bed.


I wanted this photo, because Marieth looked beautiful and I think she looks very much like Aryl's daughter, Stormy.  She's one of our students. She hasn't been very diligent about lessons lately.  I wonder why.

We had our second concert tonight.  When we arrived (at 5:45) late for the people in charge of a 6:00 concert, Angelica was there waiting.  She wanted to try the big piano before she had to play it.  I got to hold and burp the baby.

This was the chapel at 6:00.  We started with maybe 25 at 6:20 and played "Name that tune" for 10 minutes.  Then we began in earnest.

At the end we had about 80 people there.  President Garrido, the stake president, gave an unexpected speech and had all the kids pose for a photo.

Here they are.  We enjoyed it a LOT!!!





Come thou fount.  Carlos Miranda played this for his mom.  She loves this music.  I haven't been able to find the words in Spanish, but it works to sing one of the sacrament hymns to this tune.




Here are our students singing "Families can be together Forever".  President Garrido told the students that he believed they would tell their children how big a blessing the music we've shared has been in their lives.  That's a nice thought.

After the concert the youth hung around for quite a while sharing and just enjoying each other.  Pay dirt for sure!!!



Here's a "Name that sound" video.  I never cease to be amazed at what makes it.  Can you guess?



I tried to express myself to the audience and just choked up and ended up saying.  "Wait a minute.  I'm not leaving for a while so I don't have to go there".  These people have become dear to us. The Lord has multiplied our talents so that we can serve them.  I often think about my musical talents placed in our Pleasant Grove ward where they are negligible by comparison.  Here we can serve every day.  What a blessing!

3 comments: