Sunday, March 25, 2012

Moving on to the city of David

 Dajana is one of our Volcan students.  We never got a photo.  I included it because I didn't feel frumpy when I looked at it.  We were in the street the other day and Rod said "There's a woman wearing a skirt like yours".  I looked and he was right, and she looked decidedly frumpy.  And here I've been feeling just modest.  Oh well.

 We had the car too full with boxes, so Rod transported students in Boquete and David and I waited on the rocks.  It was a beautiful day, cloudy and with a bit of a wind and very pleasant.

 Our new kitchen.  The apartment looks like a stripped down model in the states.  Significantly nicer than what we have been living in.  Too bad it's in a "zona roja", red or danger zone.  We'll have to empty our car every night, and we're on the second floor.  We keep telling ourselves it's only for 4 months.

 It's too late to worry about picture order and we won't have internet for a while, so you get what you get.  This little girl was showing us her pet chicken who plays dead and wears a bib.  She was pretty proud of her.


 Here's the chicken with her bib again.

 Our living room.  We have no furniture for it except a table for our computer.  We really don't need more space.  The other wall is a green about the same intensity as the blue.  We don't spend much time in the apartment so it's all right.

 We have said goodbye to our hot shower.  This is our new one.  The wires above it are for hot water, but the landlord was quick to say they didn't work, and anyway, in David, the hottest city in Panama, who needs hot water.

 This little girl in Boquete made me think of Edyn's family and their hatching the chicks.  She was really enjoying it.  The chicken was enjoying it less.

  Here she is again.

 This sign makes me laugh.  I like the Se Vende Grama.  Really it's sod, but I still enjoy it.

I decided I wanted to remember mornings here.  It is so quiet and peaceful, until the rooster crows, which he does every few minutes from 5 on or so.  He usually goes until 10 or so at night as well.  He makes me laugh. 
Morning sounds in Bugaba

Next door to our new apartment in David we watched this man cutting down a tree limb.  Amazing.  It looked like he had a long way to go and then he hacked once or twice on the other side and it fell.  It wasn't kind to a bit of the roof, but it was amazing that it did so little damage.  These guys really know how to use a machete.


I turned around in the district conference and there was a kid with a squirrel in his shirt pocket.  I didn't get that, but I did get the squirrel.  I always love seeing animals. Pretty fun.

This move is an exercise in obedience.  We wouldn't have chosen it, but it may bless our lives.  As Elder Packer says "Obedience is nearly a spiritual cure-all".  I want to make the life of our mission president easier.  I like my job much better than what I see of his.  Still feeling that the gospel is true and it's a blessing to be part of the work.

Have a great week.

1 comment:

  1. We especially enjoyed seeing you on your blog today since we can't see you on video chat in your new place yet.

    I thought the chicken with the bib was hilarious. Also, I thought it was interesting that you said the mornings are so peaceful and quiet until the rooster crows because it seemed very loud to me with birds and insects, etc. A good kind of loud, but definitely loud. It's interesting what we become accustomed to.

    I also couldn't believe a boy brought a squirrel with him to church! Do you think his mom knew? We have had a woman bring her poodle into church, but not on Sunday.

    Thanks for taking the time to post even when you were so busy getting ready to move. We appreciate it!

    love, Christie and the girls :)

    ReplyDelete